In an effort to help those either considering teaching poverty law for the first time or teaching it for the twentieth time, below is a collection of syllabi from poverty law classes across the country. These are either ones I could find through google or were emailed to me to include here. If you teach the class and are willing to share your syllabi, please email it to me and I will add it.
- Yale Fall 2021 welfsyl21
- Loyola Chicago Spring 2021 LPSyll.
- University of Florida Spring 2021. [pop up word document]
- Seattle University Fall 2020.
- University of Baltimore Summer 2017.
- American University Fall 2019 Law and Poverty Syllabus Fall 2019 (Rosser).
- UPDATE: UCLA Spring 2020 Outline & Reading Assignments — PubBen 2020 Spring — FINAL
There are of course other schools that offer poverty law so PLEASE do email me if you are willing to have your syllabus shared on this blog. For those who want to talk about the class, I am always happy to talk through reading options, share notes, share slides, etc. It really is a great class to teach!